Since 1963, The Blue Hill Montessori School has been providing a warm, nurturing, stimulating, rich Montessori education based on the child-centered philosophy and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori.
We offer Early Morning Care and flexible after school Enrichment Programs from 7:30am-6:00pm for children ages 2.9 years through Kindergarten. In 2011, we proudly opened a Toddler House program for children aged 15 months through 2.9 years. Currently we offer either a 2 day (T/Th), 3 day (M,W,F) or 5 day (M-F) from 8:45am-12:00pm or 8:45am - 3:00pm for Toddlers.
Our school operates on an academic year basis from September to June.
Size and Location
Blue Hill Montessori occupies the historic Ponkapoag Grange Building on Turnpike Street in Canton, MA. This building, along with an additional classroom building and an outdoor playground, provides for a full range of educational activities for more than 50 children each school year. Visit our directions page for a map and directions to BHMS.
What Makes Us Special?
- Low teacher to child ratio: 1:10
- Parent involvement. BHMS parents participate fully in school life, from assisting with parties and fundraising to making presentations about their careers and special interests.
- Staff longevity. We are proud to have second generation families, where both child and parent have had the same teacher.
- Cultural diversity. BHMS seeks and attracts children from many different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Full, rich and balanced program true to the principles of Montessori education.
- Children learn in a calm and loving environment.
- Parents participate in the administration of the school by serving on the Board of Trustees along with the Administrator and representatives from the community.
Accreditation and Management
Blue Hill Montessori School is a full member school of the American Montessori Society and Montessori Schools of Masachusetts. We adhere to the rules and regulations of the Department of Early
Childhood Education (DEEC).
Administrative duties are the responsibility of the Board of Trustees, which includes staff, parent volunteers and community representatives.